Monday, August 23, 2010

Eminem: "I Don't Know How Much Longer" I'm Going to Rap


 
Eminem's career has been revitalized thanks to his hit album Recovery, featuring the smash singles "Not Afraid" and "Love the Way You Lie."  But Eminem feels that his days as one of rap's most revered MCs may be numbered.
Em tells Vibe magazine, "Honestly, I don't know how much longer I have in this game. I'm always going to love hip-hop, but how much longer am I going to still do it?"  He went on to say, "If this album isn't better than my last one, then why am I doing it?," and added, "The day that this is not better than the last will probably be the day I stop."  Em also pointed out, "You don't know how long people are going to want you around," but admitted, "Realistically, if I don't rap, what the [bleep] am I going to do? It's too late to be unfamous right now at this point."
Em also says that he's not driven by a desire to be "the best rapper in the world," like other MCs might be.  He told Vibe, "I don't believe there's any one rapper that can be the best because that means you have to be the best at everything.  There are certain things that I may do better than [Lil] Wayne.  There are certain things that Wayne may do better than me. There are certain things that Jay [-Z] may do better than both of us....being the best? There is no such thing."

No comments:

Post a Comment